Monday, March 31, 2014

A Blessingway

At the very beginning of this pregnancy I knew that I wanted to do things differently. From concealing the pregnancy  for as long as I could, to not revealing the gender, to a requested blessingway and of course, the birth itself.

A blessingway is an alternative celebration to a baby shower. Some websites state that the origin is that of a Navajo ritual. When I read about it, I thought it was a beautiful ceremony that I wanted to experience. Compared to a baby shower where the focus is solely on the baby, a blessingway gives focus on the mother and the coming birth. Since I wanted all the support for my upcoming vbac (vaginal birth after a c-section) home waterbirth, I wanted a group of strong women to hold space for my and my baby.

Sharing with you all some photos of that afternoon in Beyond Yoga BHS...

I came on time but they were still busy setting up the place-

Noelle aka Martha Stewart of Manila

Here's Pam and my doula Irina also helping out with the flowers

such a sweet looking set up :)
Green Smoothie Fest from Rawlicious! 

Noelle made these vegan nutella cupcakes, to die for!

Coconut Balls, homemade by Noelle too!




Here I am with Angela. Our babies are only a month apart! 

"M" made entirely of blooms and leaves from Dangwa

Vegan cupcakes from Pipino were to pretty to eat!


Denise helps put the white string on guests - the white string will remind my friends to think of me especially during the time of birth 

Loved these flowers! So refreshing to look at <3

Denise reading out something they prepared for one of the activities :)

a close up shot of my 'blessing tree' each handwritten by my special friends!

M stands for...? :)



That's me getting massaged while being serenaded by live kirtan (chanting) by loving friends <3
Look at how beautiful my tree of blessings and good intentions turned out! I still have this wreath at home, too!

Thanks again to Denise, Noelle and Pam for organizing this special day. I truly felt the love and effort poured onto this event. And to all that came as well to share this sacred journey with me- Chicho, Irina with her daughter Delphina, Joyce and her daughter Radha, Angela and baby A in utero, Devaki, Marnie, Chessy, and Jeri. I just realized we were ALL WOMEN in that room! How very powerful it is to combine our energies together. Much gratitude to each of you. Love, love, love!

No comments:

Post a Comment