Monday, October 27, 2014

Delicielo Moringa Cupcake

Just before Maya was born, I contacted an architect, Cielo Castro to design me a study for my future Green Home. A true artist of the hands, she recently discovered that she can also bake goodies! She sent me samples of her vegan treats as a post-birthday gift which I thought was real sweet (pun intended!)

The photo below shows the Pumpkin Cinnamon Cupcake (left) which is a new flavor she offers. I thought it tasted like Christmas and will make you feel festive paired with hot tea or tsokolate. This is something you can order for parties this season! Because I am a green mom, my favorite was the Malunggay Cupcake with Dark Belgian Frosting & Chocolate Chips (right).


The sweetness of the frosting balances the slightly bitter moringa cake. How fun is it to eat something unabashedly green! I ate two pieces in one sitting with Rooibos tea. I can still taste it in my mouth and I know it will haunt me when I want something sweet but healthy to munch on!

I am a fan of Moringa because of all the health properties. Also called the miracle plant, every backyard of a traditional Filipino home has one or more growing for daily food intake. When I visited Indonesia for the first time and did an Herbal Walk tour, I found out that they grow it in every family compound, too. I am glad more home bakers are starting to include this ingredient especially for breastfeeding mothers because it promotes healthy lactation.

"Scientific research confirms that these humble leaves are a powerhouse of nutritional value. Gram for gram, moringa leaves contain: SEVEN times the vitamin C in oranges, FOUR times the Calcium in milk, FOUR times the vitamin A in carrots, TWO times the protein in milk and THREE times the Potassium in bananas." - www.EdLagman.com

Delicielo Vegan Treats has no eggs, no dairy and no refined sugar! 


Menu and prices below: (The Malunggay & Pumpkin Cinnamon cupcakes are not here yet because they are new flavors but pricing is the same)


DELICIELO
Instagram @delicieloph
Delicieloph@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment