Friday, October 31, 2014

Event Styling: Good Things Come in Threes

When celebrating milestones like baby showers, baptisms & birthdays or holidays (we have tons in the Philippines!), I am lucky to have friends that have the eye for good design. They creatively decorate the space to evoke the sense of festivity. If you have the time for it, event styling can get addicting with the help of Pinterest and YouTube tutorials online but oh, it surely is therapeutic! 

Today's Halloween was definitely special because of the dessert buffet set up by Kaye Garcia in her lovely home.


She has been my friend since high school and is one of the (fairy) godmothers of my daughter Maya. She helped me set up Santi's "Yellow Submarine" 6th birthday party last year. Oh, don't mind the yellow pompoms because I did those myself :/


Kaye also took charge of Maya's bird themed dessert buffet in her baptism reception earlier this year.


Sometimes I get bitten by the DIY bug and have the energy to do-it-myself. I don't know how we did it but my husband and I managed to survive putting together Santi's Minecraft 7th birthday party when Maya was only 2 months old! (We had no helpers at home for a whole month during this stressful time!)


FLOW co-founder & freelance graphic designer, Noelle Hilario (www.wanderlustdrifted.blogspot.com) is also brilliant with her hands. She helped put together my Blessingway weeks before Maya was born. I blogged about this previously here.


Kai Lim (of Cura V) elegantly set this outdoor garden themed baby shower for 3 pregnant ladies in our high school group (one of which was me!) If you look closely, there are real brown eggs in the birds nest. That surely was my favorite touch on the table spread.


Out of the three fabulous friends I have that style parties so effortlessly, only one does it for work. 

Follow @kayegarcia13 on Instagram to see more of her creations. You may contact her at kayegarciaevents@gmail.com for inquiries. 

More of Kaye's recent works-

Lovely life sized backdrop for her daughter Carolina's baptism


Unicorn Dessert Buffet
Happy party planning!

2 comments:

  1. you can find different venues here in Hizon' Catering wedding packages in pampanga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, these celebration photos are just fantastic. I am truly in love with all the decorations a lot. I also have to find the party venue New York my sister’s birthday and baby shower combined party. Do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete