Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Book: Cut, Stapled & Mended


I thank my Doula, Irina for lending me this book which I finished reading in just 2 days! As I have experienced a cesarean with the birth of my son 6 years ago, I feel exactly as author Roanna Rosewood put it - I am reclaiming my body and choosing to birth at my own terms this time around.

With every page that I devoured, I resonated with Roanna's journey into motherhood, pregnancy and birth. I laughed and cried (lots!) because of the truthfulness of her emotions and vulnerabilities.

I highly recommend this book to anyone embarking on a vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean) because it narrates the struggles Roanna went through with both of her sons being born via c-sections- despite all her preparations for a natural birth. Finally, on her third child, (she found out she was pregnant again only a year after her second birth) she was successful with the birth that she has always wanted for her and her family.

This book is available at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment