Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pregnancy and Birth Inspiration: Documenting It All

I came across this oh-so-beautiful video through the Gentle Birth Facebook group. If you haven't joined the online community yet, you should because we share a wealth of information on gentle birth and beyond among doulas, midwives, doctors and other mothers (& fathers!).

Please take time to watch this very inspiring video. It brought me to tears. There are many similar scenes with my own birth from birthing with waters intact to the lotus birthing. The look and feel of this creation is just brilliant! Who wouldn't want this birth experience?


I considered hiring a professional photographer for my home/waterbirth but changed my mind last minute because I realized I wanted utmost privacy and needed to limit my birth team. A part of me wished I had it documented but... it is what it is. My birth was dreamy and successful. In the end, that's what truly matters.

Would you document your whole pregnancy and birth in a video? I don't know of any professional videographers for pregnancy and birth but I do know a photographer who is passionate about her craft. Regina Hanh-Siy of My Story Photography was the person I was supposed to get to join my birth team. Perhaps she can join yours? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment